The BuddyPress Group Extras plugin lets you add extra fields and pages, menu sorting and other missing functionality to groups.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Group Extras plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-group-extras.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-group-extras.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Group Extras plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Group Extras.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Group Extras plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BP Group Extras.
- In the Allowed Groups tab, mark the groups that you want to allow custom fields and pages to be created and then click the Save Changes button.
- Make the other settings as preferred, create custom fields in the Default Set of Fields tab.
For further setup options, refer to the official plugin page of BuddyPress Group Extras.