The BuddyPress First Letter Avatar sets custom avatars for users without a profile picture or Gravatar for your BuddyPress users. The avatar will be the first letter of the user’s name. You can also configure the plugin to use any other letter to set a custom avatar.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress First Letter Avatar plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-first-letter-avatar.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-first-letter-avatar.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress First Letter Avatar plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress First Letter Avatar.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for BuddyPress First Letter Avatar.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress First Letter Avatar.
- Make the preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Save Changes button to apply the modifications to the settings.