The BuddyPress Automatic Friends plugin lets automatically create and accept friendships for specified users upon new user registration.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Automatic Friends plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded bp-automatic-friends.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-automatic-friends.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Automatic Friends plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Automatic Friends.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for BuddyPress Automatic Friends.
Setting up automatic friends
To set up the automatic friends for new user accounts:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Users > Automatic Friends.
- Enter the username for the Global Friends in the Search text box and then click the Add User button.