The BuddyPress Anonymous Activity plugin lets your BuddyPress users post an activity update/comment on BuddyPress based network anonymously (without revealing their identity).
Your BuddyPress users:
- Can post an activity update without revealing their identity
- Can comment on other user’s activity without revealing their identity
- All notifications/emails hide the identity of the anonymous user
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Anonymous Activity plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded bp-anonymous-activity.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-anonymous-activity.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Anonymous Activity plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Anonymous Activity.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Anonymous Activity plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BP Anonymous Activity.
- Select Yes/No to enable/disable the anonymous activity feature for your BuddyPress users sitewide and in groups.
- Add an avatar for the activity feed updates.
- Click the Save Changes button.