The BuddyPress Activity Filter plugin lets the administrators set default and customized activities using filters to be listed on the Activity Feeds page of your community website.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Activity Filter from the link below
- Extract the downloaded bp-activity-filter.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-activity-filter.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button for the BuddyPress Activity Filter plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Activity Filter.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Activity Filter plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > WB Plugins > BP Activity Filter.
- In the Display Activity section, select the preferred filter for the activity you want to display in the Activity Feed of your website and click the Save Settings button.
The selected filter is applied to the Activity Feed on the frontend.
For further information, refer to the official plugin page of BuddyPress Activity Filter.