The BP Group Documents plugin creates a page within each BuddyPress group to upload any type of file or document.
Members of BuddyPress groups can upload and store files and documents that are relevant to the group.
The site administrator can set filters on file extensions, set display options.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BP Group Documents plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded bp-group-documents.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-group-documents.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BP Group Documents plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BP Group Documents.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BP Group Documents plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress Group Documents.
- Make the preferred modification to the settings and then click the Save Settings button.
This adds a new tab in all the groups on your website.
Based on the settings, users can upload the files to the groups by clicking the Upload a New Document button.