BuddyPress 1.2.7 is officially released
BuddyPress is updated by an active community of developers on a regular release cycle. Today version 1.2.7 was officially released to the public and is now available for download. This is a maintenance release and is recommended for all users.
Before upgrading your BuddyPress website, make sure to back up your database and files, and deactivate all BuddyPress-dependent plugins. If you are not doing regular backups of your database yet, I recommend installing WordPress Database Backup. Then navigate to Tools > Backup in your WordPress admin and do a full backup before upgrading to 1.2.7.
Fixes in 1.2.7
- Fixed problem that prevented certain kinds of profile date from being saved.
- Fixed issue that prevented blog comment activity items from displaying on certain setups.
- Fixed problem that prevented group extension tabs from appearing.
- Removed secondary blog avatars from the activity stream.
- Fixed issue where activity dates were changed when blog posts were edited.
- Fixed bug in the way that friend counts are returned.
BuddyPress development links
BuddyPress Roadmap: http://buddypress.org/about/roadmap
BuddyPress Development Updates: http://bpdevel.wordpress.com